Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Production Slate 2014

I've given it a lot of thought and have come to a conclusion that I definitely want to get more film work done next year. This year was intensely frustrating as we started shooting one film, stopped and started developing the next and finally ended up doing a completely different one. Because I and my associates are very good at working on the fly, we are on the road to having a really cool movie halfway finished. However, I do not intend to let next year get away from me where getting a film started is concerned.

Being a writer of books, as well as a filmmaker, I am productive even when the movie schedule is dragging. As a matter of fact, I have to write a book starting in October and through November for a December release, hopefully. I'll be developing a film with my new producer at the same time, which we'll be shooting in December, as you already know. Therefore, I must think now what 2014 will be like for me where films are concerned.

Here are the projects I would like to produce in the coming year:

Untitled Project -- A second quickie feature with my Arizona producer. This will be something involving paranormal cryptozoologically ancient weirdness, hot chicks and some laughs mixed in with the terror and chills. A two-week quickie.

The Treasure of Kukulcana (working title) -- The feature length version of my film story started in 2010 and revamped in 2012. In this feature, my silent reboot would be a factor. The story is a contemporary detective tale that would feature new characters plus a few familiar faces from the silent version. This is a bigger project than others so I would take my time with it, though it would be for late 2014 release.

Sloppy Dead Seconds 2 (working title) -- This is actually the original storyline we intended to shoot this year, with criminal psychopaths Herbert and Rusty Kinkler on the loose. This would be a two-week quickie.

Anything can change but rest assured at least one of the above and something else will be produced in the coming year. By January/February, Sloppy Dead Seconds should be available in online streaming and may be making indie theater rounds.

More to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment