Friday, September 17, 2021

KG Update 17 Sep 21: Miniature Work Advancing

 A particular miniature is getting closer to being finished so I am commencing with building the set in which it is featured. I just finished the production sketch for this set. It will utilize both three-dimensional and two-dimensional features. Color tests will determine which shades I'll be using. It's a black and white film, so shading matters, but not so much the colors, per se. Naturally some colors serve B&W better and I learned some about that on Hell's Bells. My modeling skills are really coming into play here. For only two shots I'll be creating a particular landscape. I'll definitely take full advantage of the final product by getting multiple takes using a variety of lighting and angles and camera movement and such. I figure I can also capture some stock footage for other projects by taking out the miniature central to the shots for this film. Once the primary miniature is finished, I'll start on the three dimensional landscape features. When those are done, I'll create the two dimensional elements. The final stage will be actually setting up the backdrop and then building the setting from there. All this work for what will likely be one day of shooting as I'll easily be able to capture the variety of shot variations in one day. But it will be worth it visually, I'm certain of that.

More to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment